WuWei -- an Ajaxy web toolkit for Common Lisp
WuWei is a toolkit for building Ajax web pages and web sites in Common Lisp. It's designed to be
light-weight, a toolkit rather than a platform.
Wu wei is Chinese for "effortless doing".
- Continuation-based AJAX user interfaces
- Server-side DOM operations (add/remove elements, visual fades, drag and drop)
- High-level interfaces to in-place-editing and autocomplete widgets
- Login and session management
May be run at the demo site: http://wuwei.name
WuWei was written primarily by Mike Travers, originally under the sponsorship of CollabRx, Inc.
Some bits of it are derived from BioBike.
- A Common Lisp implementation. WuWei has been run in Allegro, Clozure (aka OpenMCL), and SBCL, and ought to run in other implementations.
- mtlisp, a utility package.
- Other libraries (aserve or portable aserve, cl-json, and their dependencies)
(included in the source).
Easiest using QuickLisp:
- Install QuickLisp from http://www.quicklisp.org/
- Tell the install system where to find wuwei and mtlisp
(push #p"/misc/repos/wuwei/" asdf:central-registry)
- Load it:
(ql:quickload "wuwei-examples") ; if wanted
[** Note: in OpenMCL, you will need to manually patch a file in acl-compat:
Add the keyword argument stream-args to the accept-connection method]